After Maud of Southesk died in 1945, her family auctioned the piece via Christie's on 26 June 1946. It was later bought from Wartskis in 1958, then auctioned again in 1988. Finally, it was auctioned by Sotheby's on 4 December 2007 as part of the collection of Mr Gordon Getty for $115,000.
Bruder Klaus Chapel in Mechernich, Germany. The walls were constructed by pouring layers of concrete around a formwork of pitched trees, which were then burned, leaving the charred impression on the walls. The floor is poured lead.